Sunday, December 4, 2011

Blog Post #14

I believe that these ideas are great tools to use in school, at home, and in the workplace.  

1.  Use streaming video
This is great to have face to face chats, to be able to communicate faster, quicker, and more efficiently.  You can make the most of your resources, and use them to your advantage with your students.
2.  Use music more often
Using music in the classroom can help a child relax and get into a "zone", and effectively complete their work. It is a great way to "use music to your advantage" and communicate with your students.
3.  Use teleconferencing tools
Skype is a great way for students and teachers to communicate with each other over long distances.
4.  Create your own interactive exercises
You can tailor exercises and games to fit your students abilities.
5.  Use your interactive whiteboard more effectively
This can help you show your classes how to effectively use technology to their advantage.
6.  Create your own pod-casts
If you use the program "Audacity", you can make and edit audio recordings.
7.  Start a blog or a wiki
These are two very good ways to showcase your students work and achievements.
This can help kids develop skills and become more productive.
8.  Use social networks
Facebook can be controversial to parents and teachers, but if used correctly, can also be very helpful.  Students can get help with assignments by using closed group pages, where the student can discuss assignments and get help from other students and teachers.  Our EDM310 Facebook has been very beneficial to me.  I have been able to ask questions, when I don't understand something and there have been many people to respond to me and help with my questions!
9.  Use internet tools
These tools can help students in many different ways.  In using these tools they can get infinite amounts of information and research on the subject they desire!
10.  Make the most of your pupils' gadgets (ex. I-pod, and cell phones)
i-pods

4 comments:

  1. Hey Deena!
    Great list of tools! I most definitely agree, I also think music is great for the classroom. I know the students love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Deena,

    I like your list! I don't see how this is part of blog post 13 though. There were 4 options for this blog post:
    Option 1: Standard Blog Assignment: which you use Wolfram Alpha
    Option 2: My Teach is an App
    Option 3: Engage in an E-Media Fast
    Option 4: Read A Book

    You need to go back and complete one of these to get credit for blog post 13.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, I see the mistake. You named your blog post 14 "Blog post 13". I see the original below.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Deena!

    Great post,

    I hope that you will be able to see some of these tips in your own classroom! I think that you know many of these tips already after being exposed here in EDM.

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete