Monday, September 12, 2011

Blog Post #4

Eagle Nest Radio and Class Blog

audio cast


I enjoyed listening to this podcast because it was narrated by a great group of third graders. They were very animated and explained what they were talking about very well. They explained the ways of a gladiator and about Roman architecture, and about how Julius Caesar was killed. They also talked about Cleopatra, the last Pharaoh of Egypt (not originally from there).

Cleopatra



I thought it was great that a group of third grade kids could do such a great job on a podcast. This is something that I haven't done yet, and I know if a third grader can do it, that I will be able to do so as well!



The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom By: Joe Dale

http://joedale.typepad.com/integrating_ict_into_the_/2009/04/the-benefits-of-podcasting-in-the-classroom.html

This video explains that "podcasting is an effective way of interacting with students, outside of the traditional classroom." It delivers radio and audio content that can be viewed at anytime.


podcast



A benefit to a podcast for a teacher would be that they could record their lecture and allow students to view it as a review or even at home if that student has been sick. A podcast is audio content that is recorded on a computer and a vodcast incorporates video with audio. In the video the students liked watching podcasts because they were exciting and they made learning the material easier and more fun. They also liked the fact that they could act while putting together the podcast. Even the principle approved the podcasts believing them to be a great interactive way of getting the students to learn while participating.

I feel as though a podcast will be a great way to reach students and get them more excited about learning. It is a new way of presenting material and getting the students to participate in class. I am exciting to learn how to use the equipment available online, and doing a podcast of my own.



How to Create a Podcast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hrBbczS9I0


podcast equipment



In this video I learned about the tools needed to create a podcast: they are; a microphone, audio editing software, a website to upload podcast to, and an RSS feed. This video is a great teaching tool for how to create podcasts! It was very informational and detailed with its descriptions of exactly how to navigate the websites and begin the podcast. I will definitely use this website when I am learning how to do a podcast of my own. It showed step by step exactly how to download needed software and how to execute beginning a podcast. It doesn't get any easier than following the directions on this video!

2 comments:

  1. Deena I liked reading your blog post because you watched and listened to different video's then the ones I chose. I also learned a lot of new things about podcast. You can not only talk but also had sound and videos. After reading what you wrote about "Eagle Nest Radio and Class Blog" I had to go and watch the video myself. I agree it was great how a group of third graders did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your links should be buttons that work.

    I hope these assignments helped in your preparation for your podcast.

    ReplyDelete