Saturday, September 10, 2011

C4T Content and Comments week 9/11

I read Paula White's "Beyond the Assessment Institute" that she posted on May 1, 2011. In this post Ms. White explains the process of assessing a student. It includes these factors: process, task and item creation, and leadership. She explains that this has come from leaders that see this assessment as a process. Then she questions that concept and if teachers will really leave a three day conference with new skills is assessing.

My comment to her is summarized here: Basically, I said that after a three day conference (CAI), that I would hope that teachers would leave with a better understanding of how to instruct their students. I, myself, have a long way to go before I truly understand the real meaning of assessment. I plan to pay close attention and try to retain all the information that I can to use for my students.

teacher and student


I also read Paula White's post of "Wiki Work" on April 5, 2011. Ms. White was asked to share some wiki's that they could share in a presentation. She shared one that a group of fourth graders put together. Some students ended up composing a story and others began creating pages to add. The children seemed very motivated. Ms. White was amazed by the children and their "willingness to work hard".

My comment to her is summarized here: Basically, I told Ms. White that I loved how the kids were able to create their own stories. This really showcases their imagination and creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment