Saturday, October 1, 2011

C4K September Summary Post

The first of my C4K comments (September 12, 2011) was supposed to be to a student named Brennan, but (at the time of my comment) his latest post was in 2008, so I chose another student named, Maranda. Her school is in Auckland, New Zealand.

I commented on her August 31, 2011 blog post about her exciting day at school. She explained about how they had (our version of) "field day" at school. She talked about playing slingshot, had races, and played water sports. I told her where I lived and that I am a student at USA. I expressed to her that her day at school sounded like fun and that my kids have a field day also. My children usually have field day at the end of the year, where Maranda's field day was in the beginning of the year. I told her that one of the water games they play at her school, is just like one of the games my kids play at their school. All the kids really seem to enjoy field day. I really enjoyed reading her blog post and wished her a great school year.

field day girl



Another C4K comment I made (September 15, 2011) was to Da2011. In her blog post she wrote about her family, the sport she plays, and about her dog surviving a tornado. I told her that I am studying to be a teacher. I also shared that we have a common love for animals, as I have dogs at home also. I was glad to hear that her dog was okay after the tornado and explained about how brave he was and how he must have been scared. I also shared that I played softball (which is the sport that she plays now). I told her I played second base and outfield. She recently responded to my comment and said she also plays second base, as well as, pitches for her team. She also asked me what kind of dog I have. I responded back to her, telling her that I have a Pomeranian, a mix bread dog, and now we have 5 puppies!




My final C4K comment in September, (September 19, 2011) was to a group of students that go to St. Elmo school. The students there wrote letters to express their gratitude to Lucy Buffett for her generous donation of funds for the students to be able to attend field trips. She also got the entire class i-Pads to use in school. Each of the students wrote a letter to Lucy, thanking her for the opportunity she had given them to take the trips and use the i-Pads.


i-pad cartoon

First, I commented to the entire class. I told them how amazing their letters to Lucy were and about how much she would appreciate them. They did a great job with their writing. I wished them a great school year and told them it was great that they were learning so much.

My next comment was to Jenna (one of the students that received the ability to use an i-Pad in school). She did a great job with her letter and I noticed that she thanked Lucy specifically for the i-Pad and field trips. That is always a good thing to do, when you specifically mention something in your writings. It was also an excellent way to show Lucy how much Jenna appreciated what she did. I know they will definitely enjoy the use of technology that they now have access to.



Also on this date (September 19, 2011), I commented on "Reflections, Questions, and Discoveries: Interview Book Report". It was a podcast posted by Martha Yim, featuring Elise and Cade (students in the St. Elmo school). I think they did a great job in their podcast. They did an interview book report about Satchel Paige (a baseball player). They didn't seem nervous on camera and did a great job, for their very first time doing a podcast!
shark podcast


I really enjoyed reading all of these students posts and commenting on them! They are very interesting and really show the diversity of this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment