Sunday, October 30, 2011

C4T 10/30

The past few weeks, I commented on Lee Kolbert's blog post

"Apple For a Teacher Contest"


In this post she explains about how she was selected to judge a contest in where the teacher who won could win an apple computer.  The teacher is nominated and someone would send in an essay explaining why that teacher deserved to win.

"My name is Deena and I am a student in EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in Elementary Education. I come from a long line of teachers and I think it is really great that people can nominate a teacher to win this contest. I have an uncle, who just recently, won the honor of receiving the "Superintendent of the Year" award for Alabama!! I am very excited to be joining this field, and feel so great knowing that I have family members who have always helped me."

Thursday, October 20, 2011

My second post was about a video she had posted about plagiarism.  It was a very educational, simple video that explained the definition of plagiarism very well.

"My name is Deena Martin and I attend the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama.  I watched this video on Plagiarism and I really think it is a great teaching tool for students!  In this video, plagiarism is explained very well and it is easy for any age student to understand.  I am really glad that I watched it and I plan to show it to my own children, who are in school now."

1 comment:

  1. Hey Deena,

    Maybe we need to play this video about plagiarism for EDM310 students! The apple for teachers seems like a great way to get teachers some recognition!

    Great job Deena,

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete